Hi friends! This time of year, between Halloween and Christmas, leaves me feeling a bit confused. Should I hang on to my pumpkins and fall décor? Go all out with Christmas? Whatever I decide, I don’t want to forget about the holiday in between: Thanksgiving. As the one day of the year devoted to gratitude and gathering people together, Thanksgiving is truly special. So setting a beautiful Thanksgiving table is worth a little extra effort.
If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, the following table settings will give you the inspiration you need to make your guests feel welcome and create a memorable and special time for everyone.
Since I know entertaining can be a bit nerve wracking, I suggest setting your table the day before–or even a few days before–if you can. This makes the big day a lot less stressful, allowing you to concentrate on enjoying your guests and all the yummy food. (By the way, make sure to check out these extra tips for effortless entertaining.)
Remember, you can create a beautiful and welcoming Thanksgiving table without getting stressed out or spending a lot of money. Simply use what you already have on hand!
For the place settings, I snipped some greenery from one of my patio pots, added a length of ribbon, and used cardboard gift tags to create a little reminder of what Thanksgiving is all about. So simple!
For another fall tablescape, I simply scattered pumpkins and faux artichokes around a glass hurricane candle holder. This time, I used silver chargers instead of the woven ones and silver flatware to create a more elegant look.
Let these photos inspire you, then look around your house and yard. Gather candles and candlesticks, pumpkins, fresh or faux branches and greenery, miscellaneous treasures, and even vegetables and fruits (see #2 and #16 below).
Get creative and have fun with this! It is a holiday after all, and holidays are meant to be enjoyed–even by the hostess!
16 Beautifully Simple Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
1 Let’s start with place cards. Don’t you feel a little more special when you arrive at the table and find a place set especially for you? I just love these gorgeous ones created by Spoon Fork Bacon. These rustic wood place card holders would be perfect paired with these place cards!
2. Artichokes, green beans, asparagus, candles and fresh flowers create a unique and striking centerpiece, via Pinterest.
5. Pale pumpkins and white candles create a beautiful backdrop for vibrant berry-laden stems in this lovely Thanksgiving table from The Lily Pad Cottage. (And if you’re lucky enough to live in a warm location, why not host Thanksgiving outdoors?)
6. If you’d like a table setting that will take you from Thanksgiving through Christmas, this beautiful display will do just that. I love those rustic wooden chargers paired with classy silver candlesticks and beautiful evergreen garlands–via Pinterest. If you’re looking for wooden chargers like these, I found mine at Target!
9. Although this table setting could be for any occasion, I wanted to share it with you because I love the idea of giving your guests a gift–here in the form of homemade pickles. I also love how the greenery winds its way among the white candles. So simple, but so elegant! From Alt Summit
11. I’m drawn to this table setting by its beautiful simplicity. Some fresh greenery and a few candles are all you really need to create a gorgeous Thanksgiving or Christmas table. From Once Wed.
12. Gather–that’s what it’s all about. A few fresh flowers, a sprig of rosemary, and a feather gathered in twine create a sweet and welcoming table setting. And I love the idea of using dish towels as napkins. From Finding Home Farms.
14. I love the simplicity of this beautiful Thanksgiving table setting from Driven By Décor. The napkins, tied up with a sweet bouquet, create such a lovely place setting! You can find woven place mats like these at Pottery Barn and Sur la Table.
15. Why not cover the table with a big sheet of kraft paper, get out some markers, and use your artistic and/or calligraphy skills to create a memorable place setting for each of your guests? I love the simple centerpiece of white candles, in various sizes and shapes, paired with fresh greenery. From Lemon Thistle.
16. Autumn perfection from Yummy Mummy Kitchen. Fresh evergreen boughs, candles, pinecones, and vibrant clementines create a colorful and welcoming Thanksgiving table.
Wishing you a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving!