Hi friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. This week’s mood board is loosely based on our dining room–with a little more of a coastal vibe added.
I began this mood board with the intention of sharing our dining room as-is, but I kept adding pieces I’d love to have, such as the rug, artwork, and sideboard, so consider this design somewhere between what we have now and what I’d like our dining room to be.
I’ve had a lot of questions about the blue ikat curtains we have in our dining room (shown below), which I love. They aren’t on the mood board, but they’re available through Overstock, if you’re interested in them.
Some things I’ve included in my mood board and which I think are essential in a space like this:
- slipcovered chairs which can be thrown in the washing machine when they get dirty
- a round table – I prefer round tables because they promote togetherness and conversation, plus you can always squeeze in an extra guest or two
- statement lighting over the table
- extra lighting for ambiance
- comfortable seating for after-dinner chatting
- a bar cart or other small table for items you use often
- a large sideboard with plenty of storage for china, placements, silverware and glassware
- a soft neutral rug
- flowers and plants
- inspiring artwork
- a mirror to reflect candlelight
Sources shown in the mood board are linked below.
Mood Board Monday – A Coastal Inspired Dining Room