Hi friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. This week’s mood board is based on my home office, which doubles as a quiet space for just “getting away from it all!” Kind of like an indoor version of a she shed!
When we moved into our home about 7 years ago, I was working from home as a paralegal, so this room was designed around that purpose, with plenty of desktop and storage space. Nowadays, I use this room to pay bills, work on my blog, and do some writing.
In addition, since I added a comfy chair and a tufted ottoman, it’s become my retreat, where I go to pray, meditate, read, and just ponder!
Some things I’ve included in my mood board and which I think are essential in a space like this:
- a desk with plenty of room for files (so important for staying organized!)
- good lighting
- an office chair that supports your back
- a small table or cabinet to hold your printer–the side table shown below has a couple of extra shelves to hold paper and supplies
- an extra cabinet to store note cards and stationery, envelopes, office supplies, art supplies, etc. I use a white dresser for this purpose. Not only does it hold a lot of stuff, it’s so much prettier than most office furniture!
- a cozy chair and footstool for reading
- a soft rug underfoot
- favorite photos
- a scented candle
- flowers and plants
- great books
- inspiring artwork
Sources shown in the mood board are linked below. For anything that’s no longer available, I’ve linked to comparable sources.
Mood Board Monday – A Feminine Home Office and Getaway Space
If you’d like more information on how to design and organize your office, check out my post on Organizing the Home Office.