Decadent chocolate-covered strawberries are my favorite dessert for Valentine’s Day (or any day, for that matter). To me, they’re the epitome of romance!
Sweet strawberries hand-dipped in rich chocolate seem so fancy–yet they’re amazingly easy to make.
I think the best thing about chocolate-covered strawberries, though, is they’re actually good for you! Just see my post on the health benefits of chocolate, and you’ll want to make chocolate-covered strawberries a daily thing!
P.S. If you’re looking for another wonderful chocolate dessert recipe for Valentine’s Day, or any other special occasion, check out my recipe for Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes, which never fails to delight!
Super Easy Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- 1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and completely dried
- 6 oz. high-quality dark or semi-sweet chocolate (either chips or chopped from a bar)
1. Place the chocolate in a glass bowl or large Pyrex measuring container and microwave at half power for 1 minute; stir and heat for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth. (Or, place chocolate in a medium to large glass bowl and set the bowl over a saucepan containing a couple inches of water. Bring the water to a simmer over medium heat. As the chocolate melts, stir until smooth.)
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper. If desired, place a sturdy toothpick in the stem end of each strawberry to help with dipping. Holding each strawberry by the toothpick (or just hold on to the stem if you don’t want to use toothpicks), dip it into the chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set the dipped strawberry on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
3. Place the pan of chocolate-covered strawberries in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes. Enjoy!